Are your walls bare making it feel as if the walls are closing in on you? Maybe your walls are flat, not giving you that homey feel you were looking for. It could be that everything in your home is neutral so your home needs color or a personal touch. Whether you just moved to a new place or just painted one or more rooms, there are lots of good reasons to buy paintings. Please consider these reasons why buying paintings is something you should try.
- Buying paintings supports the artist directly. Artists pour their creativity, heart, and soul into their work. If you buy original paintings, this will allow them to continue with their creative process, which in turn improves the quality of life for collectors. Another plus is that you can build a relationship and communicate with the artist about artworks.
- Original paintings are unique. All original paintings you buy directly from an artist are unique pieces. There is usually only one copy and if you buy it, it is yours. You will not visit family and friends and see the exact same painting on their wall. There is just something exciting about having a piece of unique artwork in your home. Like handmade crafts, owning originals shows the creativity of the artist behind the masterpiece. This quality brings personality to your home, which is something you will not find in a printed poster.
- Paintings can make a house feel like a home. Paintings you have owned for quite some time become like old friends. The art on your wall says a lot about who you are as a person. The colors, design, mood, and size express what you believe in. Sometimes a painting can rekindle a feeling of an event in our lives that holds special significance. For others it might be a goal or your hope for the future. The painting you choose is bound to have an impact on your space. Whether you decorate your home with strong or soft colors, paintings give you the perfect finishing touch that enhances your home decor.
- Colorful paintings make life fun. Colors can influence the mind; they can influence any emotion from tranquility to rage. Think about how certain colors make you feel. For example, yellow captures the joy of sunshine and communicates happiness.Yellow paintings are an excellent choice for bathrooms, dinning rooms, and kitchens, where it is energizing and uplifting. Strong, bold colors makes individuals feel confident, happy, and positive.
- Paintings can be a good investment. Say you discover an established, new or unknown artist and you believe that he or she makes beautiful art that you would like to hang in your home. You then decide to reach out to him or her, discovered the story behind the artist and the work, and decided to buy the piece. Now that you have established a relationship with the artist you can see the artist’s skills develop over time. If the artist’s value and prices rise in the future, this could work out in your favor. Although, investment should not be the main incentive for buying paintings, it would not hurt if a piece you bought years ago doubled in value. Of course that would be a good investment if you later want to sell the artworks again. Now, that is a bonus for art collectors!
- Paintings are perfect gifts. If you want to buy something that is personal and timeless, gift an original painting. It shows that you have thought about who the recipient is and what that person means to you. The painting can be from an artist who the recipient finds interesting or it could compliment the recipient’s home interior. As the recipient, you will not feel the need to replace your painting because it will become part of your life. You will find that you enjoy its presence on your wall or that it evokes memories of your past. Looking at art on your wall has a zero carbon footprint! Paintings are eco-friendly and easy to maintain. They need very little care and occasionally you will need to wipe dust off from the surface. It is that simple and easy to maintain a painting!
|2014 Beauty Countermeasures by Romero and M. Beresford, Ikohaus artists|
If there’s one thing you can do today, why not give yourself the gift of daily inspiration by purchasing art you admire? Purchase your own painting from Ikohaus to add to your collection. If you are an art collector, what is your favorite piece in your home? Let us know via comments.
Want actionable tips that you can use to fill a space and dress empty walls? Sign up for our weekly newsletter! We’ll be sharing exclusive guides and updates!
Enter your email address